Apparently, allowing the American people to hear unedited words spoken by the president and vice president during an interview is an “insult” to a leftist reporter and 60 Minutes, who carefully crafted what they wanted viewers to hear.
How dare President Trump expose such bias?
Lesley Stahl is livid after President Trump released the unedited (aka true) interview.
Earlier today President Trump preempted the CBS election hit job carried out by Lesley Stahl by putting raw footage of the interview on Facebook. [SEE HERE] Additionally, the White House showed the “bias, hatred” and agenda within the interview by publishing the interview with Vice President Mike Pence [SEE HERE]
It is obvious by the tone, interruptions, disrespect and rude confrontational style of the interview, CBS had an agenda to create an election narrative with the interview. President Trump shares the raw footage so that American voters can see the attempt to engineer a very familiar media narrative.
It should be remembered that CBS intentionally interfered with the 2012 election when they withheld an interview with President Obama, and edited out the transcript, admitting the attack on Benghazi was an act of terrorism.
President Trump followed through after tweeting that he will publish an “unedited preview” of his “60 Minutes” sitdown to show viewers that the interview was a “vicious attempted ‘takeout’” by correspondent Lesley Stahl when he posted a portion of the interview on Facebook Thursday.
“I will soon be giving a first in television history full, unedited preview of the vicious attempted ‘takeout’ interview of me by Lesley Stahl of @60Minutes,” Trump wrote. “Watch her constant interruptions & anger. Compare my full, flowing and ‘magnificently brilliant’ answers to their ‘Q’s.’”
“60 Minutes” did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
A few hours later, Trump’s Facebook page released the footage.
In a preview released by CBS, Trump and Stahl disagreed over the state of the economy prior to the coronavirus pandemic.
“We created the greatest economy in the history of our country,” the president said before Stahl chimed in, “You know that’s not true.”
Trump was also shown saying China is our biggest foreign adversary.
“They’re a competitor. They’re a foe in many ways, but they’re an adversary, I think what happened was disgraceful, should never have happened. They should never have allowed this plague to get out of China and go throughout the world,” Trump said.
“60 Minutes” noted in its tweet that the show “has a history of asking tough questions of presidential candidates during the runup to the election,” and Sunday’s episode will also feature an interview with Democratic nominee Joe Biden.
Sources told Fox News that Stahl was “extremely hostile” and that she began the interview along the lines of “get ready for some tough questions.”
Earlier this week, Trump lashed out at Stahl for not wearing a mask at the White House following the interview.
“Lesley Stahl of 60 Minutes not wearing a mask in the White House after her interview with me. Much more to come,” the president teased.
The tweet was presumed to be a reference to the ongoing criticism the Trump administration receives from members of the media for not strictly following CDC guidelines that urge mask-wearing and social-distancing.
President Trump has ratcheted up his attacks against the media in recent weeks between the lack of coverage the explosive Hunter Biden story has been getting and the controversy surrounding suspended C-SPAN host Steve Scully, who was supposed to moderate the canceled second presidential debate, for lying about his Twitter account being hacked after reaching out to Trump foe Anthony Scaramucci. He has repeatedly slammed NBC News correspondent and third debate moderator, Kristen Welker, ahead of Thursday’s political showdown.
Stahl complained violently about the move.
The long-time correspondent accused both men of answering her questions with “set campaign speeches” rather than in-the-moment remarks, according to video that was preemptively released by the White House on Thursday.
“Mr. Vice President, this was not a rally. This was not just a campaign speech to the public. This was supposed to be an interview,” Stahl told Pence in a video posted to Facebook in its entirety by Trump.
“And the same with the president. And I feel that you both have insulted ’60 Minutes’ and me by not answering our questions and by giving set campaign speeches that we’ve heard both of you give at rallies without answering our questions,” she added.
“Lesley, what question haven’t I answered? What questioned haven’t I answered right now?” Pence responded.
Stahl cited a question on whether Pence had any comment on President Trump’s previous remarks directed toward Dr. Anthony Fauci, the nation’s top infectious disease expert.
“There is this kind of anticipation that people in power are held accountable and that they answer questions from the public — not from me, from the public. And I feel that you didn’t do that, and I’m upset,” Stahl told Pence.
“Well, Lesley, I appreciate the speech that you just gave but I answered all your questions, and I’ve spoken about things the American people care about,” Pence said. “The American people want a president who will put the health of America first and open up America’s economy.”
“Look at what you’re doing right now, you’re giving a speech,” Stahl responded.
Her interview with Pence took place after Trump cut short his earlier heated conversation with Stahl after sparring over a number of issues ranging from his handling of the coronavirus pandemic, social justice issues, and supposed anti-media bias.
Both interviews were released after the president went through with his threat to post an unedited version of the conversation in the hours leading up to the final presidential debate Thursday night in Nashville, Tenn. The interview was reportedly supposed to be a joint appearance.
The president urged viewers to “look at the bias, hatred, and rudeness on behalf of 60 Minutes and CBS,” under the first 37-minute video posted to his Facebook page.
Trump also cited “more bias, hatred, and rudeness on 60 Minutes with our Great Vice President” in the caption of the second roughly 14-minute long video he released of the Pence interview.
CBS News on Thursday issued its own statement about the premature release of the footage, condemning, “The White House’s unprecedented decision to disregard their agreement with CBS News and release their footage.”
It added that the uncut video “will not deter 60 MINUTES from providing its full, fair, and contextual reporting which presidents have participated in for decades.”