Rosenstein Relents

PUBLISHED: 6:24 PM 12 Apr 2018
UPDATED: 7:00 PM 12 Apr 2018

Rosenstein Finally Relents, Chairman Given Access To FBI Documents

Deputy Attorney General Rosenstein has given in after threats of contempt charges and impeachment.

Rosenstein hands over the infamous document that launched the Trump-Russia probe.

Only after Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein was threatened with being held in contempt of Congress and impeachment, did he finally hand over the document the Federal Bureau of Investigation used to launch the Trump-Russia probe. But it’s still not everything.

House Intelligence Committee Chairman Devin Nunes (R-CA) went on the record to say Rosenstein had finally caved and provided the Electronic Communication (EC) that launched the Trump-Russia probe during a meeting between him and Chairman Trey Gowdy.

“During the meeting, we were finally given access to a version of the EC that contained the information necessary to advance the Committee’s ongoing investigation of the Department of Justice and FBI,” the House Intelligence Committee Chairman told reporters.

Nunes went on to thank Rosenstein for his cooperation but reiterated that the subpoenas still “remain in effect” and this document does not fully satisfy his request. After all, it only took threatening to lock him up for him to do the right thing and hand over the evidence and it’s still not 100%.

However, when it comes to the context of the documents, the House Intelligence Committee told sources that there are things they “want to investigate further.”

In August of last year, Nunes subpoenaed the document in question and several others from the DOJ and FBI.

Despite the fact that the Justice Department submitted the other documents in a timely fashion, they refused to hand over the document that started the FBI’s Trump-Russia investigation, even after numerous requests.

Then in December, law enforcement officials leaked to sources that the investigation was launched after an Australian diplomat had a conversation with former Trump campaign adviser George Papadopoulos and reported it to U.S. intelligence officials.

Alas, this was all an elaborate ruse to make it appear as though the Trump dossier which was funded by the Clinton campaign and the Democratic National Committee, had little to do with the launch of the probe. But in reality, it was the entire reason for the witch-hunt.

The FBI opened its investigation in July of 2016, citing information passed to the bureau by the Australian government about Papadopoulos as the evidence.

That same year, Australia’s ambassador to the U.S. reportedly overheard Papadopoulos say that he had information that suggested Russia had acquired stolen Hillary Clinton emails.

Papadopoulos allegedly made the claim during a conversation in the U.K. with  Australia’s top diplomat to the United Kingdom, Alexander Downer.

Fast forward to Wednesday, and we now have a two-page document proving the agency’s basis for opening the Russia counterintelligence investigation.

Earlier this month, Nunes sent a letter to Rosenstein and FBI Director Christopher Wray insisting an un-redacted copy of the EC, as well as access to applications for surveillance warrants against President Donald Trump’s former campaign adviser, Carter Page.

Nunes gave the agency until April 11 to hand over the requested documents.

Earlier this week, Nunes doubled down on his demand and threatened to potentially impeach Rosenstein and Wray if they refused to turn over the EC.

Out of fear, Rosenstein finally caved and handed over a redacted copy of the EC, a fact confirmed by one Justice Department official.

The official asserted that “Remaining redactions are narrowly tailored to protect the name of a foreign country and the name of a foreign agent.”

The redacted words have been replaced with terms like “foreign government official,” and “foreign government embassy,” the official explained to reporters.

“These words must remain redacted after determining that revealing the words could harm the national security of the American people by undermining the trust we have with this foreign nation,” the official argued.

What’s more, the bias EC relied on input from Peter Strzok, the FBI counterintelligence official who led the Russia investigation.

However, Strzok was fired from the Russia probe in 2017 after several of his anti-Trump text messages to FBI lawyer Lisa Page surfaced.

Clearly, the FBI has a grudge against Trump and is doing everything within their power to try and discredit him.

Earlier this week, a rogue FBI office in New York raided Trump’s personal lawyer’s home and office with a warrant approved by Rosenstein himself. Since then, reports indicate that Trump is considering firing Rosenstein for his blatant dereliction of duty to remain objective.

FBI Director Christopher Wray was appointed to end the corruption in the FBI, however, he has failed to do.

In the past, Trump has referred to Mueller’s probe as a “witch-hunt” and blasted the raid earlier this week on his personal lawyer as an “attack on our country.” And he is absolutely right.

How much longer will the FBI continue to make fools of themselves and bring shame on our nations in an effort to discredit the President of the United States?

After all, the FBI let Clinton walk after she mishandled emails containing sensitive intel. Does that sound like something an objective agency would do or one with a clear agenda?