Advertisement

Just recently, Megan Manley, a mother of two from Queensland, Australia was forced to barricade herself inside her home after spotting a massive python slithering around in her backyard (pictured above).

Just recently, Megan Manley, a mother of two from Queensland, Australia was forced to barricade herself inside and wait for a snake catcher to remove a massive python that was slithering around in her backyard (pictured above).

Earlier this week, a woman in from Queensland, Australia was forced to barricade herself inside her home after spotting a massive python slithering around in her backyard. Terrified, she grabbed her phone and called for help. A professional snake catcher then promptly showed up and captured the dangerous reptile.

Specifically, Megan Manley, a mother of two, recently spotted a six-and-a-half-foot python in her backyard while she was on the way out to go pick up her other child. Terrified, she remained inside called a snake catcher. Horrifyingly, at one point during the incident, the large beast crept up to the home’s sliding glass door and tried getting inside.

While waiting for help to arrive, Manley made sure to take several pictures of creature terrorizing her. She also recorded a video of it being captured.

Advertisement

The massive python that Manley found slithering in her backyard.

The massive python that Manley found slithering in her backyard.

Following the shocking encounter, Manley spoke with reporters and provided them with additional details. “I was about to leave the house to pick up my eldest son from school when I saw my dog up on his hunches, with his hair standing up looking outside,” began Manley, who remembered thinking “oh no – what is he staring at.”

Upon realizing that her dog had spotted a huge snake, she was mortified. “It was horrific – I am petrified of snakes…I can take spiders, sharks and I would even rather a grizzly bear in my backyard over a snake,” explained Manley.

“The python looked agitated, I think because my dog was barking at it and my son was sitting at the door watching it…When he wasn’t looking the snake struck out at my son, hitting the glass door. I know he was behind a door but I told him to move away anyway,” she continued, noting, “before the snake catcher came I had barricaded us in the lounge, in case the snake came through the screen door, if I hadn’t of fixed it earlier that day it would have come inside.”

Advertisement

Manley’s two-year-old son looking at the python as tries to get inside their home.

Manley’s two-year-old son looking at the python as tries to get inside their home.

Apparently, this is the second massive snake that Manley recently had to get rid of. “We knew there was a python hanging around when my son found that skin but thought it had moved along,” mentioned Manley. “We have contacted the council a few times but are told that there are snakes everywhere at the moment and that the overgrown area could be home to an eco-system,” she added.

Although it’s undoubtedly terrifying to have a dangerous snake slithering outside of one’s house, in Australia, it’s unfortunately not that uncommon. For example, back in September, a different family in Australia was trapped inside their home for an entire day back after discovering an aggressive brown snake, which is the world’s second-most-venomous land snake, camping outside their front door. The deadly reptile repeatedly banged its head against their house before eventually slithering away on its own accord.  

Specifically, Anita Johnson was inside her home with her two sons, a 5-year-old and a 1-year-old, when she heard something banging against their front door. At first, the boys’ mother thought it was just a bird making all the noise. Her suspicion, however, was totally wrong.

Advertisement

A dangerous brown snake was filmed striking at an Anita Johnson’s door.

A dangerous brown snake was filmed striking at an Anita Johnson’s door.

“It wasn’t [a bird], it was [a] snake,” explained Johnson while speaking with reporters about the incident. “It was banging its head on the door. It was striking at the door,” she recalled, noting, “I [was] not worried. It [couldn’t] get in. But it was aggressive.”

When asked how her children reacted, she mentioned that while her older child “was a bit excited and wanted to look up the type of snake in his book,” her 1-year-old son had reportedly been “very frightened.”

Rather than leave the house and risk being bitten, they decided to stay inside until the reptile slithered away, which it eventually did. While stuck inside, Johnson decided to pull her phone out and record a short video of the dangerous creature striking at her door. She later uploaded the video to Facebook, where it quickly went viral.

Australia is clearly a frightening place filled with lots of dangerous animals. In order to survive, Australians need to constantly be cautious and alert, even when they’re in the comfort of their own home.