Democrats and the leftist media have spent months trying to suggest that President Donald J. Trump is using his position as the leader of the free world to benefit his children by helping them to get business contracts around the world. Even in the absence of evidence, the left continues to make such absurd claims.
But in 2013, while then-Vice President Joe Biden was meeting with Xi Jinping, a private equity firm managed by Joe Biden’s son and John Kerry’s son suddenly struck a deal with a bank operated and owned by the Chinese government, creating a $1 billion joint-investment fund. That certainly seems like a fairly concrete example of a politician’s family profiting from the work of the politician, but since it’s a Democrat, apparently the story gets buried for five years.
Hunter Biden not only struck a deal while his dad was in the country; the two arrived together in China, riding aboard Air Force Two, which is often used to ferry the Vice President around the world.
Hunter Biden first met with Chinese leaders in 2011, along with a managing partner in Rosemont Seneca Partners LLC., Devon Archer. Also accompanying them was the nephew of infamous Irish-American Boston mobster Whitey Bulger, James Bulger. James Bulger controlled a Massachusetts-based consultancy firm at the time.
They met with Chinese leaders who had control over various investment funds literally hours before Joe Biden met with Hu Jintao, who was then the President of China.
Later in the year, Hunter Biden returned to the region, having a second round of talks with Chinese leadership in Taiwan. This meeting came two weeks after Joe Biden opened strategic talks with China in Washington, D.C.
Ten days later, Rosemont Seneca Partners LLC. received control of the fund. Eventually, the deal between the Chinese government-run and owned bank and Rosemont Seneca Partners LLC. was increased to a total of $1.5 billion.
Deals made by Rosemont Seneca Partners LLC. after the deal was reached would have implications for national security. For example, they would invest heavily in an automotive organization that was a subsidiary of the Chinese military contractor, AVIC (Aviation Industry Corporation of China). AVIC is famous for ripping off American military technology.
AVIC purchased 51 percent of Henniges, an American manufacturer of precision parts (such as those needed for military aircraft or vehicles). John Kerry and Joe Biden’s children bought the remaining 49 percent of the company.
Hunter Biden released no statement on the allegations that he controlled Rosement Seneca Partners LLC. or represented the organization in dealings with China, though Chris Heinz did release a statement.
The statement essentially declared that though Chris Heinz was invested in Rosemont Seneca Partners LLC., he had no controlling stake in it, and he did not represent the company in any way in China.
It’s interesting to see the way that the actions of former Vice President Joe Biden seem to line up so conveniently with his son turning a profit. It’s also interesting that Rosemont Seneca Partners LLC., which claims to manage $2.4 billion worth of funds, seems to have more than DOUBLED in size through that deal with the Chinese government.
It’s also unethical that Joe Biden made his son, who has no ties to the government, part of an official delegation to China.
There are few people worse to represent the United States in a foreign land than Hunter Biden.
In May 2013, Hunter Biden was ‘selected’ for a direct commission in the U.S. Navy Reserve, basically allowing him to become an officer in the Navy without having to attend Basic Training, OCS, or ROTC.
Instead, he attended a two-week course and was commissioned as an officer.
A month later, Hunter Biden tested positive for cocaine, and he was bounced from the Navy less than a year after commissioning.
Normally, people selected for that particular direct commission program cannot have a history of drug use. But somehow, Hunter Biden got two waivers from the U.S. military (he was also over the regular age for the program).
Could this just be because Hunter Biden went to prestigious schools? That’s entirely possible.
But it certainly seems that in the lives of Hunter Biden and Chris Heinz, political power made things much easier.