Newly released emails from the Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs show top brass at the FBI secretly communicated and fed information to CNN about the anti-Trump dossier, according to The Federalist.
The emails, which were released by Chairman Sen. Ron Johnson, R-Wisc., show top players in the Obama administration colluded with CNN to slander then President-elect Donald Trump. In one email, the subject line read, “Flood is coming,” a clear indication they were using code language to brag about what they had done.
The emails and report reveal that fired Deputy Director Andrew McCabe, fired FBI Director James Comey, and former Director of National Intelligence James Clapper — all top Obama administration officials — were feeding information about the dossier to CNN for a hit piece against Trump.
By spreading information about the anti-Trump dossier throughout the liberal media, the Obama allies laid the foundation for the Russia collusion theories before Trump even took office.
Below is the communications and timetable of the secret communication, as reported by the committee:
1. January 6, 2017, 9:44 a.m. FBI Chief of Staff Jim sent an email to unspecified recipients stating, “the director is coming into HQ briefly now for an update from the sensitive matter team.”
2. January 6, 2017, afternoon. Director Comey met with President-elect Trump.
3. January 7, 2017. Director Comey memorialized his discussion with President-elect Trump via an email to senior FBI leadership. Director Comey wrote, “I said there was something that Clapper wanted me to speak to PE [President Elect] about alone or in a very small group.” Director Comey wrote, “I then executed the sessions exactly as I had planned,” and “I said media like CNN had them and were looking for a news hook.”
4. January 8, 2017, 12:08 p.m. Then-FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe sent an email to senior FBI leadership with the subject line “Flood is coming.” Mr. McCabe wrote, “CNN is close to going forward with the sensitive story… The trigger for them [CNN] is they know the material was discussed in the brief and presented in an attachment.”
5. January 8, 2017, 12:55 p.m. Mr. McCabe emailed then-Deputy Attorney General Sally Yates and then-Principal Deputy Attorney General Matthew Axelrod with the subject line “News.” Mr. McCabe wrote, “Just an FYI, and as expected, it seems CNN is close to running a story about the sensitive reporting.”
On Jan. 10, 2017, just two days later, CNN published the story detailing the dossier, its unverified contents, and opened the floodgates to promoting endless Trump-Russia collusion theories.
For starters, the FBI never investigated the leaks about the dossier or the briefing between Trump and Comey at the White House.
But more importantly, this again proves that officials at the highest level of the Obama administration were secretly working with the media to spread the collusion theories.
Leaking the information to the media paved the way for the endless Russia hysteria that dominates media coverage today. Clapper, Comey, and McCabe were plotting to derail Trump two weeks before he officially took office.
Also, Clapper directing Comey to brief Trump on the dossier was a stunt to validate the collusion theories. The goal was to give the appearance that the Intelligence Community agreed that Russia interfered in the election to help Trump and that the president-elect may have colluded with Moscow.
Once Trump was briefed, these corrupt officials leaked it to the media, and added more fuel to the fire to slander Trump. Again, all of this occurred during former President Barack Obama‘s last weeks in office.
Comey wrote in his classified memos, which are now public, that he told Trump numerous times he was never under investigation.
This proves that Comey, McCabe, Clapper, and others knew Trump was innocent, yet they hate him so much that they concocted this massive scheme, leaked classified information to CNN, and carried out potentially illegal actions to derail a duly elected president.