Officials at the FBI and DOJ said last Wednesday that they had “grave concerns” about releasing the memo that exposes how top officials at their agencies abused their power to illegally obtain a warrant under the Foreign Intelligence Services Act to spy on President Donald Trump’s 2016 presidential campaign.
With Trump publicly confirming he wants the memo released, Nunes is standing his ground that such deeply rooted corruption must be exposed and made available to the American people.
Wednesday morning, the FBI sent a warning to the White House about releasing the memo: “As expressed during our initial review, we have grave concerns about material omissions of fact that fundamentally impact the memo’s accuracy.”
Nunes immediately fired back, saying that the FBI’s reaction was a “spurious objection” and said they were more than welcome to release additional documents to the American public if they felt the GOP memo left anything out.
“Having stonewalled Congress’ demands for information for nearly a year, it’s no surprise to see the FBI and DOJ spurious objections to allowing the American people to see information related to surveillance at these agencies. The FBI is intimately familiar with ‘material omissions’ with respect to their presentations to both Congress and the courts, and they are welcome to make public, to the greatest extent possible, all the information they have on these abuses.”
“Regardless, it’s clear that top officials used unverified information in a court document to fuel a counter-intelligence investigation during an American political campaign. Once the truth gets out, we can begin taking steps to ensure our intelligence agencies and courts are never misused like this again.”
As previously reported, two senior FBI officials reviewed the memo earlier this week and said they “could not point to any factual inaccuracies.”
The memo is apparently so explosive that after FBI Director Christopher Wray read the memo on Sunday on Capitol Hill, he pressured former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe to resign — which he did on Monday, less than 24 hours after he reviewed the memo.
Democrats and Deep State actors don’t want the memo released because it details how former President Barack Obama’s administration used the discredited dossier — which former Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton’s 2016 presidential campaign and the Democratic National Committee paid nearly $10 million to fund — to obtain a FISA warrant to spy on Trump and his campaign officials.
This also triggered the Russia investigation and Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s team probing alleged — and unproven — collusion between Trump and Russia.
GOP lawmakers say that the memo exposes corruption and abuse of power we haven’t seen in this country in decades, with many claiming the entire foundation of the Russia investigation is rotten given it was launched under false and illegal pretenses.
The memo is expected to be released this week, and it will send shock waves throughout Capitol Hill and the media.
Source: Daily Wire