Smollett Charges Dropped!

PUBLISHED: 7:07 PM 26 Mar 2019
UPDATED: 7:09 PM 26 Mar 2019

Charged Dropped! Jussie Smollett Gets Off In “Whitewash of Justice”

In what appears to be a stunning miscarriage of justice, Jussie Smollett negotiated a deal with Kim Foxx and had all the charges against him dropped.

Despite ample evidence to show otherwise, Jussie Smollett was completely let off.

The corruption and control in Chicago is strong.

Prosecutor Kim Foxx dropped all charges against Empire actor Jussie Smollett.

Although loads of evidence point to the fact that Smollett, with racist and hateful intent, fabricated two hate crimes, he got off in what Mayor Rahm Emmanuel is calling a “whitewash of justice.”

The move has sent shockwaves throughout the country.

The Chicago Police Department is furious.

NPR reported:

Prosecutors in Cook County, Ill., said they would not pursue the grand jury indictment against Smollett, which returned 16 felony counts of disorderly conduct against him last month.

Tuesday’s decision, according to the Cook County State’s Attorney’s Office, had to do, in part, with the actor’s community service and bond payment to the city.

“After reviewing all of the facts and circumstances of the case, including Mr. Smollet’s volunteer service in the community and agreement to forfeit his [$10,000] bond to the City of Chicago, we believe this outcome is a just disposition and appropriate resolution to this case,” the office led by State’s Attorney Kim Foxx said in a statement emailed to NPR.

The city’s police and mayor vehemently disagree with the move, however.

At a news conference called after the announcement, Mayor Rahm Emanuel, together with police Superintendent Eddie Johnson, railed against it as a “whitewash of justice.”

“It is not on the level, from beginning to end,” a visibly angry Emanuel told reporters. “There needs to be a level of accountability throughout the system, and this sends an unambiguous message that there is no accountability. And that is wrong.”

Last month, during a lengthy statement to the media, Johnson explained the allegations: that Smollett paid two brothers to carry out a fake attack against him — involving racial and anti-gay slurs and a rope around his neck — and that Smollett filed a police report to that effect, all in an attempt to “further his own public profile.”

The police superintendent still stands by those accusations.

“I’ve been a cop now for about 31 years, and when I came on this job, I came on with my honor my integrity and my reputation,” Johnson said Tuesday. “If someone accused me of doing anything that would circumvent that, then I would want my day in court, period — to clear my name.

“I’ve heard that they wanted their day in court with TV cameras so America could know the truth,” he added, “and now they chose to hide behind secrecy and broker a deal, to circumvent the judicial system.”

Smollett’s attorneys, for their part, celebrated the decision to drop the charges as a vindication. They say the actor’s record has been “wiped clean of the filing of this tragic complaint against him.”

“He was a victim who was vilified and made to appear as a perpetrator as a result of false and inappropriate remarks made to the public causing an inappropriate rush to judgement,” attorneys Tina Glandian and Patricia Brown Holmes said in a statement released by a spokesperson.

Wiped clean?!

He was the victim?!

The evidence clearly shows that is NOT the case.

The fact is, he has powerful democrat buddies and got off on every criminal act because of those friends.

Fox was happy to jump on the congratulatory bandwagon as well.

“Jussie Smollett has always maintained his innocence and we are gratified that all charges against him have been dismissed,” the company said in the statement to NPR.

Smollett kept on claiming his innocence.

“I’ve been truthful and consistent on every single level since day one. I would not be my mother’s son if I was capable of one drop of what I was being accused of,” he said, in his first public comments since an interview last month with ABC News.

“This has been an incredibly difficult time. Honestly one of the worst of my entire life. But I’m a man of faith and I’m a man that has knowledge of my history, and I would not bring my family, our lives or the movement through a fire like this.”

This is sickening. These words are sickening.

People can now only hope that voters in Chicago remember this disgusting act.