Son Tased By Mother

PUBLISHED: 9:34 PM 3 Apr 2018

Arizona Mother Arrested After Using Taser To Wake Teen For Easter

She’s accused of shocking her son with a taser to wake him up for an Easter Sunday church service.

Police officers in Arizona recently arrested a woman for reportedly shocking her 16-year-old son with a Taser in an attempt to wake him up for Easter.

Just recently, police officers in Arizona arrested a woman for reportedly shocking her 16-year-old son with a Taser in an attempt to wake him up for Easter. Following her arrest, the teen, who’s on probation and wearing an electronic ankle bracelet, was removed from the house.

Sharron Dobbins, a 40-year-old woman from Phoenix, Arizona, was taken into custody earlier this week and charged with “felony child abuse” for allegedly “using a Taser to get her teenage son up for an Easter Sunday church service.”

According to reports, the incident was witnessed by her other son, who’s 17-years-old and also on probation, and an 18-year-old nephew. Nevertheless, after being arrested, Dobbins “stated that she only sparked the Taser to get the kids up for church on Easter and that she never Tased anyone.”

When police inspected her child, however, they saw that he had “two small bumps on his leg,” which suggests that he really was shocked.

In court, Dobbins told the judge that she would “make arrangements for the [boys] to live elsewhere” after the judge ordered her “not to have any contact with her sons.” She also made sure to mention that he’s on probation.

“He has an ankle bracelet on,” explained Dobbins, noting, “he’s under my custody and everything.”

After appearing in court, the judge released her “on her own recognizance” while she awaits her next hearing.

Sadly, it’s not uncommon for someone to be harmed or killed by a member of their own family.

For example, a few days go, Bahari Shaquille Warren, a 25-year-old mother, was taken into custody and charged with “two counts of child cruelty” for deliberately driving into a pole on the side of the road in an attempt to prove to her children, aged five and nine, that “God is real” and would protect them from harm.

“Her eyes (were) closed and she was saying, ‘blah, blah, blah, I love God,’” recalled one of Warren’s children while speaking to reporters shortly after the crash occurred, adding, “she wanted us to know that God is real.”

Following the shocking incident, Warren was taken to the Gwinnett County jail and her children, who were thankfully not physically injured by her recklessness,  were subsequently handed over to their grandparents.

And a couple of weeks before that, Asia Beach, a 27-year-old mother form Muskegon Township, Michigan, was arrested and charged with “second-degree child abuse” after she reportedly abandoned her 8-year-old daughter with cerebral palsy “in the open bed of a stranger’s pickup truck, which was then driven away by an unknowing driver.” If convicted, she faces up to a maximum of 15 years in prison.

According to reports, after placing the child in the back of the vehicle, Beach, who “admitted to being under the influence of alcohol and marijuana,” then “wandered a couple blocks away and walked up to homes.”

Sometime later, a man and woman got into the truck that the child was in and proceeded to drive it down the road. After going for about a block, though, they heard a child crying and promptly dialed 911. A short time later, officers arrived, located Beach, and placed her under arrest.

As of now, the young girl is in the custody of another relative. In addition to local police officers, her case is also currently being investigated by the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services and Child Protective Services.

And just prior to that, 37-year-old Rolando Ortiz, a Mexican immigrant who moved to Chicago, Illinois over a decade ago, was arrested and charged with “first-degree murder” for nearly decapitated his two-year-old son with a kitchen knife because he was reportedly “being too noisy” while he was trying to sleep.

After killing the helpless child, Ortiz grabbed a garbage bag and stuffed his lifeless body inside. He then cleaned up and called his wife, who was at work, to tell her what he had done. Since she was working, though, she didn’t answer, so he called her sister and told her “his son was with God now and admitted that he had killed his son.”

She called other family members and asked them to check on the child. When they arrived, they saw that Ortiz’s wrists had been slit in an apparent suicide attempt. Shocked, they pulled out their phones and called the police.

Before the police could arrive, however, Ortiz got into his car and drove off. Thankfully, however, police officers eventually caught up with him and placed him in handcuffs.

When they asked where he was driving to, he told them he was trying to escape back to Mexico. After arresting Ortiz, they then took him to Cook County Jail where he’s currently being held without bond.

Harming or killing another human being, or attempting to do so, is one of the worst things a person can do, especially if the person is a family member. Hopefully, Dobbins is appropriately punished so that others are deterred from doing something similar to their children in the future.