Battling calls for his resignation over a yearbook photo outed by Big League Politics, Northam reportedly met with staff members concerning possibly stepping down.
But, Fairfax is facing his own scandal. Although the ultra-progressive politician denies assaulting a fellow at Stamford University 15 years ago, his so-called ‘proof’ leaves much to be desired.
Fairfax, who would be next in line for governor, called the allegation “defamatory” and “false.”
“Lt. Governor Fairfax has an outstanding and well-earned reputation for treating people with dignity and respect,” the statement from his office read. “He has never assaulted anyone—ever—in any way, shape, or form.”
Of course, that’s not what’s being reported.
“The allegation was first posted by Big League Politics, the same political blog that published the now-infamous yearbook photo showing someone in blackface and someone in a KKK costume, from Northam’s 1984 yearbook page.”
The outlet claimed that a fellow at Stanford University, Vanessa Tyson, said a man sexually assaulted her at the 2004 Democratic National Convention in Boston, Mass.
The outlet wrote, “Imagine you were sexually assaulted during the DNC Convention in Boston in 2004 by a campaign staffer. You spend the next 13 years trying to forget it ever happened. Until one day you find out he’s the Democratic candidate for statewide office in a state some 3000 miles away, and he wins that election in November 2017.”
“Then, by strange, horrible luck, it seems increasingly likely that he’ll get a VERY BIG promotion.”
Tyson did not specifically name Fairfax, but the report implied she was referring to the lieutenant governor, and he most decidedly responded to it, prompting calls of ‘protesting too much.’
The real kicker, many people agree, is that in his denial, Fairfax explained that the accuser “first approached the Washington Post” over a year ago, but the outlet decided the claim didn’t have merit.
“After being presented with facts consistent with the Lt. Governor’s denial of the allegation, the absence of any evidence corroborating the allegation, and significant red flags and inconsistencies within the allegation, the Post made the considered decision not to publish the story.”
Of course, no mention of the fact that the Post ran a false story about the Covington Catholic High School kids after the full video had been released. They also NEVER investigated Nathan Phillips’ false claims of being a Vietnam Vet, or the other false stories promoted by the leftist outlet.
“Tellingly, not one other reputable media outlet has seen fit to air this false claim. Only now, at a time of intense media attention surrounding Virginia politics, has this false claim been raised again,” Fairfax office claimed, and then threatened anyone who spread the story.
Northam has repeatedly asserted that he would not resign from his post, regardless of a wave of political pressure to do so.
Fairfax seems eager to step in. Over the weekend, Fairfax condemned the racist photo and said he “cannot condone the actions from his past.”
— Justin Fairfax (@LGJustinFairfax) February 4, 2019
However, Americans are supposed to take the word of the Washington Post, which has just been proven to have run a salacious and false story about high school students? Come on.